Followers

Thursday 12 September 2013

Chicken Sausage Muffins ( Savoury Muffins)

Started my blog this same day, a year ago on my late brother A s birthday.Remembering him with fond memories and the fun times we had together,I hereby dedicate this recipe to him,for all the kindness and love that he has shown towards me.Well if you have read my first blog(introduction to me)you would know that he was a brilliant cook and the one who got me on to my cooking trails.So here's to you brother, thinking of you and missing you...


Ingredients:

2 cups Flour
3 Tbs Sugar
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tbs Baking Powder
1 Tbs Dried Herbs
1 1/2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Small Onion Minced
2 Tsp Crushed Garlic
1 Egg Beaten
1 Cup Butter melted
1 Cup Milk

Method :

Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C)Grease Muffin cups sprinkle them with some cornmeal.

In a large bowl stir together flour,sugar,salt,baking powder and the mixed herbs.Mix in the rest of the ingredients (cheese,onion and garlic)


In another bowl whisk together the egg and melted butter until mixed well, add milk.


Make a well in the flour and add in the milk mixture.Gradually draw in the flour until just incorporated,at this point do not over mix.


Bake the muffins in preheated oven till brown,roughly 20-25 mts depending on your oven.Cool in pan for about 5 mts before removing from cups.


A few notes on theses muffins

I did not have both the cheese, so used shredded cheese slices instead.I also added chopped skinless chicken sausages and this gave the muffins a whole new taste,you could probably try it with different variants of meat,just to give it an extra zing.

Hope you like this recipe,I did.

Please do share your food and serve with love and kindness.

This ones for you.....



1 comment: